William Baar Memorial Scholarship/Triton College Foundation - Application Opens April 15th for Fall
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: up to $1,000.
BACKGROUND: The William Baar Memorial Scholarship was created in 1998 by then Illinois State treasurer Judy Baar Topinka, to honor her father’s memory. Mr. Baar was a longtime realtor who had a great love of music. The scholarship recognizes and assists students who intend to make music their career by focusing on either music performance and/or music education, and who plan to transfer to a four-year institution after graduating from Triton.
• Music major focusing on either music performance and/or education
• Student wishing to go on for a four year degree
• Part-time or full-time student
• An essay is required – see topic below
• Priority will be given to students with the greatest financial need
• Recipients may be asked to meet with Mr. Baar’s family to discuss their progress in college courses
*This scholarship will begin accepting applications on April 15th. Please mark your calendars to apply during the specified application period.