The Triton College Foundation HERO Scholarship
The HERO Scholarship is for new and current students who reside in or out-of-district and is available on a first-come, first-served basis with preference given to in-district students.
Awards range from $250-$1000 per student and will be based on need and other financial aid received.
• Eligible students must be:
– An essential worker residing in or out-of-district and employed full-time or part-time in one of the following industries: health care/public health/human services; law enforcement/fire protection and public safety/first responder; grocery store/restaurant/food; chemical; commercial facilities; communications/information technology; construction-related activities; critical manufacturing; energy; financial services; agriculture; government operations and other community-based essential functions; hazardous materials; hygiene products and services; public works and infrastructure support services; residential/shelter facilities and services; transportation and logistics; and water/wastewater.
– A spouse or child of an essential worker.
– An individual residing in district whose income has been compromised due to job loss during these challenging times (March 16, 2020-present).
• Enrollment in one of Triton’s health care/public service programs is preferred, but not required, for receipt of an award.
• Scholarship must be used to cover tuition costs, technology needs for remote learning, access to reliable Wi-Fi and books, etc.
• Verification of employment as an essential worker or current unemployment is required as applicable.
CURRENT STUDENTS may click on the “Apply” button below and log in to apply for this scholarship using their student portal username and password for access to the application.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS will first need to complete a Triton College Application. Once an application for admission is submitted, you may contact email@example.com and request access to the student portal in order to complete the scholarship application. In the email, please include your name and date of birth to ensure accurate assignment of username and password.
Once your application has been submitted for the HERO Scholarship, you will be encouraged to consider other available scholarship opportunities.If you have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.